Welcome!

Thanks for dropping by! My name is Jami, and I'm a photographer located in Utah. This blog (when I remember to update it) is all about my life, my family, and my photography. Please feel free to look around, and if you'd like to leave a comment....well, I'd love that! Also, don't forget to visit my website and become a fan on Facebook.

Have a wonderful day!

~ Jami

Become a Fan

Apr 18, 2009

NILMDTS again | Utah NILMDTS photographer

Yep, I've been a total blog slacker lately. Honestly I haven't had much to blog about. The weather here has been absolutely crazy, and I haven't been out taking as many pictures as I would like. I am sincerely looking forward to nicer Spring weather.

Most of the photos I have taken recently have been for NILMDTS. In the last month I have held 4 sweet angels and logged over 180 miles. NILMDTS photographers don't seem to be as busy up here in the Ogden area, but I still have a very strong need to help. So I have been offering to do sessions down in the valley whenever I can. It's more of a challenge and a sacrifice to get there, more of an expense for gas, but in no way comparable to how blessed I feel to be doing this important work.

So until I have a chance to post some more pictures, I leave you with another article about Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. I cannot stress enough the significance of this incredible organization and the importance of spreading the word about it. So many families leave the hospital without their baby, without any tangible remembrance of their child and longing for something more. So many people do not understand why anyone would ever want to have pictures of their deceased or terminally ill child, not understanding how healing and comforting these images are.

Please make it a point to let people know about this organization. If you ever know of someone who finds out that their baby has a terminal birth defect or has just lost their child, please tell them about NILMDTS.

Here is the article. I hope you read it and enjoy it as much as I did. And have a tissue handy. Newsweek Article

0 Comments.....I Love Comments!: